Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Love is... a very merry birthday

A very merry unbirthday to me
To who?
To me
Oh you!
A very merry unbirthday to you
Who me?
Yes, you!
Oh, me!
Let's all congratulate us with another cup of tea
A very merry unbirthday to you!
Now, statistics prove, prove that you've one birthday
Imagine, just one birthday every year
Ah, but there are three hundred and sixty four unbirthdays!
Precisely why we're gathered here to cheer
A very merry unbirthday to you, to you
To me?
To you!
A very merry unbirthday
For me?
For you!
Now blow the candle out my dear
And make your wish come true
A merry merry unbirthday to you!


Every year Emma and Ike invite us to Ikes cabin for his birthday. It is one of my favorite dreamy summer getaways. This year it was raining and it was delightful. Tyler and I could not get enough of the rain on the roof while reading our books and playing Clue. Emma recommended a book called The Fault in Our Stars. Loved it! Life changing. Go here to learn more about it. 




Emma always makes the most delicious treats and throws the best birthday parties. We are so grateful that they are our friends! Emma blogs way better than I do, so you should read more about the festivities at her blog.


Tyler pulled out all the stops for me and my very merry birthday. We went to Gourmandise for breakfast and I had their delicious Creme Brulee Oats. OMG! That;s right, I said it. O. M. G. It was so delicious and I am literally counting down the seconds until I can go back. They serve breakfast until 2pm so everyone should go!



Tyler took me to the Da Vinci museum, which I have been dying to go to. They have a ton of interactive displays and it was so much fun. We did things like step on a giant google map display, drew our faces while looking at a mirror, played in front of a green screen, and painted on a computer. Everyone should go. 



We met up with Emma and Ike for Market Street grill later on. It also did not disappoint. Well the food didn't. Our waitress was kind of a bummer. Afterwords Ty took me to Batman and I loved it even more the second time. It is definitely my favorite of the three. 

Not pictured is Spencer who came to my birthday breakfast. I had a picture of him flying solo but I don't know what happened to it. Poor Kalie was sick and couldn't come. We missed her dearly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment