Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Love is... 9 months?

Tyler and I celebrated our 9 month anniversary on Saturday... What the crazy? Some days it feels like our honeymoon and other days it seems like 9 years... just kidding, kind of. Ty was really creative and treated me to an awesome day. We went to This is the Place state park and then he gave me some money to buy a new pair of shoes... not that I need a new pair of shoes but I definitely want a new pair of shoes. We went to see Toy Story 3 and Ty almost cried, almost :) We both thought it was funny. We went to Jordan Commons and they have this new pop machine that lets you choose your own flavor and there are over 150 combinations you can make... I am obsessed.
On Sunday, I returned to primary and all I can say is that I hope I don't have a child like a certain member of my class. Because if I do... they will be spending a long time with my mom. The lady is a miracle worker. She has an autistic child in her class and she's been his teacher for over a year and she's got him cuddling with her! Seriously. What an amazing lady. She will be a wonderful grandma when Evan has kids.
I made my first mistake at work this week. Don't worry, no one got the wrong pills and for a mistake with meds, it was pretty minor. My bosses were really nice about it. I really like who I work for, I am pretty lucky. I also like a majority of the residents. I love to talk to the old people on my down time. They give me awesome advice hahaha... for real though. A lot of them have taught me different things about life and I love to listen to their stories. We have 2 men that have purple hearts and we have 4 WWII veterans, 1 of which was a POW. The ladies have really cool stories too. A few of them have shown me how I do NOT want to be though. Yesterday was the 1st day I almost cried at work, but I held it in :)
Last... but definitely not least, I ordered a vintage spice rack from ebay and it came in the mail yesterday!!! I am SO excited about it. I am going to paint it and relabel the jars so I have the spices ready that I use the most. SAWEET!

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking something COMPLETELY different when I read "9 months"... thanks for the clarification. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spice rack! Congratulations on 9 months - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even think about the double meaning.... SORRY! But the spice rack is cool, so it was totally worth the picture. I promise if I ever decide to have a kid that you won't find out via my blog.

    ReplyDelete