Friday, August 6, 2010

Love is... addictions

Have you ever had something in your life that you are addicted too? I mean seriously cannot more than a couple of days without it. I keep trying to tell myself that everyone has their own addictions in this world, and that I am not unique... BUT! I feel unique after noticing my personal addictions. I am going to name a few of them, and let me know if you know of any groups that meet in order to overcome these. I may or may not, depending on which addiction it is, want some help.


1. Target. I am addicted to Target. Anything that was, is, or is going to be Target I love. I cannot go more than a few days without making up an excuse to go into Target. "Oh, sorry! We're all out of garlic and I need it for this recipe." Usually I say that and then $30 later, Tyler comes home to find a couple of Target bags filled with my interesting finds. "K, but this was on sale" or "But we don't have one and we could probably use one" and my personal favorite "But Ty, it's so cute! We're never going to find something like this again!". Poor guy doesn't stand a chance.


2. Snow cones. More so, the snow cone place on Highland Dr. in the parking lot of Reams. I think I have had every fruity and flavorful combination you can have except for red velvet and wedding cake. Tyler has been a dear and brought me countless snow cones to work, but most of the time I just show up with a snow cone in hand. With cream on top. Lot's of cream.


3. People magazine. Well... more like the people magazine app on my phone. Every morning like clockwork I check e-mail, facebook, and people. I know that is a really shallow thing to do but that is okay, I will take my chances. I love knowing what is going on the world. That way when people say "who is that girl in Across the Universe?" I can say "OH! That is Evan Rachel Wood. She was dating Marilyn Manson for a long time, but they recently split although they will probably end up back together."

4. Fine! Facebook. I don't even care because most likely you can't judge because you are just as bad! Facebook is SO addicting. I find out 1/2 of my social knowledge from facebook because I am such a stalker. Oh well, it is still nice to be able to keep tabs on friends.

5. Failbooking. Failbooking is a website that posts photos of the idiot things people have said as their facebook status. Inevitably, they have a few new posts every day, which mean.... I check it every day. Here is an example:

Charly: is asia a country?
commentator 1: continent
commentator 2: wow...
Charly: wait... is africa?
commentator 1: also continent

I love laughing at the misfortune of others. When they don't get hurt... and when animals aren't involved.

and finally.... my most serious addiction....


6. Listverse. Oh listverse, you are so dear to my heart. Listverse.com is a website that is, well... lists! Lists of EVERYTHING! Top 10 best movies to top 10 bizarre and painful ways to be killed by an animal to top 10 cooking secrets. Holy smokes, I could spend hours just reading these lists. Ha, oh wait. I already do that. I get home from work at 10:45, get ready for bed and at about 11:15 or so I read lists on listverse until I can't take it anymore. You should check it out sometime... if you dare.


BONUS: hahaha, got this idea from listverse. What I am NOT addicted to is laundry. Something I should probably do right now instead of writing. Meh... who am I kidding. I really am about to log onto listverse.

4 comments:

  1. I won't list any addictions, but I think I am going to become addicted to this listverse.com....very fun to go through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how I love your posts....and you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting list.
    Addiction confession (off the top of my head): Spider Solitaire. worldofsolitaire.com ... not a very productive use of my time, but I TELL myself that it improves my eye/hand coordination and um, makes me faster at uh, counting?... and finding patterns? Plus it gives me something to do while Asher's on my lap watching sesamestreet.com
    Clever post, kat. :)
    And people magazine is my weakness in the grocery store line. I deliberately find the longest line just so I can stand there and flip through people magazine. I don't absorb alot, but it's fun to get caught up on the latest social gossip of a world I will never belong to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you knew this, but I'm pretty sure we are the same person. I love all these things. And you.

    ReplyDelete