Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Love is... derbies and lakes and road trips OH MY!

Hello blogging world! I am so sorry I haven't written in a while... the past little while has been hectic. Lets rewind a little ways back to the 24th of July, and I will fill you on the lives of Tyler and I since then.
On the 24th we went on a hike to Stewart Falls with my parents and we LOVED IT! I love Stewart Falls. My family has been going on hikes there for a long time, and it was really fun to introduce Ty. We will definitely be going back sooner than later. That night we decided to go to a demolition derby with my friend Tressie and her man Devin. It was seriously so much fun... yes you read that right. I never thought that this hippie would enjoy something like that but I did. For the first 5 minutes I was just laughing because I thought it was so out of control. I think 3 cars were tipped over and it was pretty exciting. I am glad no one blew up though. Here are some pictures of the blessed day.





After working for a few more days, my mom and I left and headed to Canada for a reunion. We had a lot of fun and the drive up was pretty uneventful - which is a good thing. On Thursday my cousins took me shopping in Calgary and I had a lot of fun. I bought a lot of cute things (compliments of my sweet mom for my birthday). Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we were in Waterton for the West reunion and both my mom and I really enjoyed ourselves. We played games, hiked, and hung out by the lake. My grandma got a pretty good picture of the grizzly bear (yes, grizzly) that was hanging around so I will try and get a hold of that. Shauna and I returned with a lot of inside jokes probably 5lbs lighter that we were going up because the air conditioning broke on the way home. Anyway, I had a lot of fun, but I am happy to be home with Tyler. Being away from him was kind of tough... alright, it was really tough. In 2 years, he has no choice but to attend.




No comments:

Post a Comment