Saturday, February 5, 2011

Love is... simple


Tyler is having a birthday soon... but he is not shouting hooray. This was our conversation when I told him I had some birthday ideas..

Kat:Ty! Guess what! I pretty much have your birthday all planned.
Ty: Kat... noooo.
Kat: Ty! Why? What? You don't even know what I am thinking.
Ty: Yes I do. I know you. It will be an all day affair with expensive meals and gifts.
Kat: No. It is simple. You asked me for simple so I kept it simple.
Ty: Your simple or my simple.
Kat: Give me some credit. I really tried hard not to be too kathryn this time. It's mellow, you'll like it.
Ty: You're right. I should give you more credit. It is probably no fun for you at all because I am so boring and won't let you plan a party or take me to England for the weekend.
Kat: Your exactly right. It's been really tough being married to someone who likes things simple.
No replay from Tyler
Kat: So I've been talking to Kalie about it...
Ty: Kat! That's not simple!


I hate to admit when he is right, but he is right. I do not do simple. The thought of a birthday automatically makes me think of the following: party, cake, party favors, party theme, party entertainment, party food, party decorations, big birthday surprise.
This year, however, I have done quite well for myself and contrary to Tylers last comment, Kalie has been helping me keep it simple... along with some other people. So, wish me luck and cross your fingers that Tyler will really appreciate my version of simple this year

1 comment:

  1. you and kalie together make pure magic. i'm sure his bday is going to be fabulous! i miss you guys, lets do something soon.

    ReplyDelete