Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Love is... a letter

The following is a true story, or rather, a true letter. This came to my place of employment (I work for an ENT). This is not a joke.

Dear Sir or Madam:
My name is - - - and I need your help.

I have not sneezed in months and I am terribly worried. Should I be?? I have bled. I have vomited. I even had several seizures but not once have I sneezed. I usually sneeze once a day right after breakfast. I look forward to it. It is something I can count on and I am good at. Therefore, can you prescribe me a medication which will cause me to sneeze? If not should I just go out and get the flu?

I spoke with this guy I know that knows someone that knows a doctor's secretary personally about this to get an opinion. Unfortunately the secretary is on vacation and the guy that knows the guy that knows the secretary is being evasive. So now I am writing you. Won't you please help?

Thank you for reading and responding to my letter.

Your friend,

- - -

2 comments:

  1. nooooooooo. it has to be joke! so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sir or Madam:
    My name is Cari and I need your help.

    I have not seen my tonsils in months and I am terribly worried. Should I be?? I usually see my tonsils when I look in the mirror. I look forward to it. It is something I can count on and I am good at. Should I just go out and look at someone else's?

    I spoke with this guy I know that knows someone that knows the secretary of the doctor who removed my tonsils to ask her opinion as to why I can no longer see them. Unfortunately the secretary is on vacation and the guy that knows the guy that knows the secretary is being evasive. So now I am writing you. Won't you please help?

    SOOOO funny! What did the Doctor write back to the guy/girl?

    ReplyDelete