Friday, April 13, 2012

Love is... breaking and entering

Friday (today) is my day off. I love being home, hangin out with the baby son, and doing whatever errands have piled up during the day. I also LOVE going out to lunch with friends. Nat and I were supposed to meet for a delicious egg salad sandwich at the Corner Bakery but then, as I was backing out of our garage... it wouldn't shut. Really? So I get out of the car; making sure nothing is in the way of the sensor and then get back in to continue on my journey. It buzzes down 1/2 a foot and then goes back up. As I get out of my car for the second time I notice that something seems to be amiss... mainly the angle that the garage door is hanging. So I phone Tyler and let him know "Hey, the garage door is broken". He's irritated and doesn't think I should leave. I tell him I have a lunch date and I will lock the door. We hang up and I go to lock the door. It won't lock. So I phone Ty again, and this was our conversation (edited to keep the blog from having a PG-13 rating)
Kat: Ty, the door won't lock.
Ty: Well then don't leave.
Kat: Tyler. No one is going to break in. There are construction workers all around.
Ty: Kat. Midday is the most likely time a break in will occur, because no one is suspecting it.

-- Okay. Three things. One: Will someone please confirm or deny the haphazard statistic he just threw out? Two: If someone is most likely to break in now.. Why do you want your wife and kid home? So I can scare them away with my intimidating stature? Three: WHY DO YOU WANT YOUR WIFE AND KID HOME??
I don't know. Perhaps I was overreacting... Maybe all of you would be fine at home with an unlocked door and an opened garage. Alas, I am not you. The happy ending to this modern day fairy tale is that he came home to guard our house until the doors were fixed.

2 comments:

  1. SO FUNNY because the spring on our garage door broke on Thursday and my Dad wanted to manually lift it and then leave it up until it was fixed so he could get the cars in and out. Jordan was having NONE of that! The door from the garage to the house doesn't lock at our house either so the garage is the only barricade from intruders and he wanted it down if we weren't home. Must be a Morrow thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. i would be so mad. i would totally leave it open to make the lunch date. totally worth it. so glad ty came home to guard the house, such a good hubby.

    ReplyDelete