Monday, October 28, 2013

Love is... Frightening


This year Emma got us a sweet hookup to Frightmares at Lagoon. Lagoon has not been graced with my presence in many a long year. Why may you ask? Let me tell you.
When I was 14 I went to Lagoon with a friend. We were super sneaky and had planned to rendezvous with some cute guys we had met snowboarding earlier that year. You know, the cool guys? It was going to be epic. Well, anyway we met up with the guys and immediately went to the scary ride where you pair off. Obvi it ended up being a one guy, one girl situation. I got to sit by David (who's name had to be changed to protect his dignity) and conditions were perfect to do a little hand holding. Well, David had other plans in mind and before I knew it, his face was in mine and we were about to kiss. To make matters worse, I wasn't exactly a kissing aficionado, if you catch my drift and I was a little freaked out about it. Then, like a guardian angel coming down from the Heavens, a ride worker came out and yelled "Hey! This is a family ride, not a family making ride". So, in honor of this Lagoon post I would just like to take a moment to say "Thank you" Mr. ride worker, for making an already traumatic experience even more traumatic. Some guardian angel you were. 

Anyway, back to the most recent Lagoon experience. I stole all of these picture from Emma except the last one and I am not even sorry about it. You should check out her blog post for more photos and even a funny vine! 
Emma and I are both cotton candy addicts. We were so stoked to buy some!
And to turn our tongues pink!
 But then they didn't turn pink at all. Oh well, it was still delicious. 




We loved this little getaway and we're so grateful the Westwoods let us tag along with them. They always make a good time even better. See you next year Frightmares!

No comments:

Post a Comment