Monday, February 10, 2014

Love is... a Saint in our January

Here is the thing,... I am well aware that complaints of horrible weather should not be crossing these lips. I have cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and every other non-immediate relative living in Canada. The experience in me knows that they have it worse errr day all day. However, I just cannot help but feel nauseas when I look outside at the inversion and know that breathing the SLC air equates to smoking 10 cigs in an hour, more or less. So it was only logical that we team up with our favorite friends Emma and Ike and head to St. George, where clean air and sunshine awaited us. Trust, it did not disappoint.



Take a look at that furrowed brow... doesn't it just scream "Please, take my photo". 




As a first morning in St. G tradish  we go and eat at the Bear Paw. Guys... guys. I just, I need it. It is SOOO good.

We went on some walking hikes post breakfast. It was a nice way to pretend we were working off all of our breakfast calories. There's nothing like self deceit to make you feel better about a 1500 calorie breakfast. We also went to see Brigham Young's winter home. It was really cool to see all of the old things and have Ikes dad give us the full tour via facetime before we went on the tour. He is what you might call 'a history buff' of sorts. Also, I have no idea why these pictures are smoking crack, but I cannot figure out how to line them up. Forgive me, it's a Monday.  





During this trip we learned a lot of things, mainly how to properly use a condiment cup. Did anyone else out there know that you're supposed to unfold the folds?  I have been living in darkness my entire life.

















In Vegas we always go and get macarons from The Bouchon bakery and they are perfect. On this trip we went to El Segundo Sol on Ikes recommendation and O.M.G. it was delicious. I need to go back.



On our final day the guys treated us to massages and it was the perf ending to this trip. We also stopped at the Worlds Best Corndog truck, he scoffed at Tylers request for a meatless corndog so I was banned to the car. 



These guys are the best travel buddies ever and I simply cannot wait to hit the road again with them. You should all go and visit Emma's blog for better pictures and more details.

3 comments:

  1. best babymoon ever. minus my grumpy husband 50% of the time. ha! can't wait to go back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and is that really true about the air and cigarettes?! i am going to die!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh I sure hope not. I just pulled that number out of a hat but my lungs felt like that was a good estimate.

      Delete