Thursday, July 19, 2012

Love is... Oh Montana

Is it a coincidence that you can sing "Oh Montana" and "Oh Canada" to the same tune? I think not. Basically it's because they are both tied for the greatest place on earth. On our way back from Canada, we went to Bigfork, MT. It was SOOOOOOOOOOO good. So good to see Whit and James and their familes. The lake. The food. The cinnamon rolls. The 4th of July ward breakfast. You cannot beat it. 




 Jude fell in love with Whitney and James. It was almost unfair how much he loved them. 




After the Brookies cinnamon roll and the ward breakfast, we went to the parade on mainstreet. Heres the thing. I got emotional. I don't even know how it happened. I'm not really an emotional being (disclaimer: anymore). But something about the jets flying over and the soldiers... it got to me. I'm only human, okay?!








 There is nothing as beautiful as Flathead Lake at sunset. I am telling you. Everyone add that to your list of places to see before death.






Whitney and I are clearly made for each other. 


This is a picture of James' dad Jim building the temple in El Salvador. James and Whitney are currently in Peru building the temple in Trujillo. Below the photo is an excerpt from the Patriarchal blessing given to one of James'    great (I dont know how many greats, I think four) grandpa. Whitney... please correct me where I killed this story. Anyway, GREAT testimony builder. 

This is what it says, since the picture is small...
"Thou will see this the land of North and South America, become the Zion of our God, and thee and thy posterity will assist in the building of temples upon this land from the Cape Horn in the South to the Canadas in the North"

While we were there, Whitney and James surprised us with a family photog sesh. I cannot begin to express my elation at the idea of having family pics with a Montana background. I will post a link to the AWESOME photographers blog as soon as our pics are posted. 

Also, soon to come on the blog front: Jenny's amazing house decor and a sob story about the disaster mine is comparitively. Chymboryk family photos. Ike's B-day weekend (see Emmas blog here for a better rundown than I'll post). All sorts of fun things and random thoughts from a stay at home mom who has the mentality of a gypsy. Should be interesting. 

3 comments:

  1. we neeeeeed to come with you! your trip seems so dreamy. my thoughts:

    1. jude is the cutest. i love his hair.
    2. so are you. you are so dang stylish and skinny.
    3. that picture of you and ty is to die for. i love it. perfect couple.
    4. i love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do your pictures always turn out amazing?? Seriously, unfair. I loved reading about your take on your vacation. I agree, Montana is so beautiful isn't it?

    It was so fun spending time with you guys, you might be my favorite couple :) I already knew I loved you, but who knew how much we'd love Tyler? And Jude? He is possibly the cutest little boy I've ever met. You guys are welcome anytime!

    PS - at some point we're inviting ourselves to come visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics are making my tummy hurt! So happy to be in Peru, but why cant Montana be here! I'm so glad you guys were able to make it! We loved having you! I also live that you are part of our family tradition now! 4 years for kat? I miss Jude every second of the day! Yes, we clearly are ment to be! Can I mention again how much I love Ty? Thank goodness you married such a GOOD guy! Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks, and yes, I'm already counting down the days until the next 4th of July! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete