Thursday, September 27, 2012

Love is... a bad mom and some family photos

So, yesterday I discovered why people think kids are not so glamorous/stressful little beings. I won't lie, before this point Jude and I had never really had a "bad day". We just were best pals doin' best pal things together. He had the occasional sad day or complaint and obviously I don't want to go back to the no sleep nights, but all in all things were good. Yesterday afternoon was one of those times where all that could go wrong, went wrong. At the end of the day Jude was taking his nightly bath and he kept throwing all of his ducks, balls, cups, and wash cloths out of the tub and onto the ground. I had asked him to stop, redirected his attention, all of the things I was supposed to do and he kept doing it and the finally I yelled "Jude! Just stop it". He didn't cry or anything. He just looked at me with an expression like "okay psycho". I seriously felt SO bad. I mean really, he's just little. It's not like he knows any better. I felt like an awful parent. After he went to bed I called my mom. She's really good at talking you out of your misery. She'd actually make an excellent hostage negotiator. Anyway, she told me "if you're a good parent 95% of the time, that's pretty good. And a lot better than some other kids get". I felt a lot better but holy smokes, it was a rough minute. It reminded me of this quote that has kind of become my mantra when I am angry. I don't want my angry yelling voice to become Judes inner voice.


Anyway, on a brighter note, we got our family pictures back! I am so excited to share a few of these babies. Please note that we had just driven from Lethbridge to Bigfork so my hair is a HOT MESS. But seriously, any photographer that can make me look half decent after driving in two countries is nothing if not the most talented person in the world. I wish they could always do our family photos. Unfortunately they live in California but you should still go check them out, and if you are ever in California... well, it's fate. 











Guys. If there were ever a picture to describe our relationship... this would be it. Seriously. Nail on the head folks. 

2 comments:

  1. its natural to get upset sometimes, but you are the cutest little mom. the family pics are so cute! love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will never be a bad mom. and those really are the most adorable family pictures ever! i don't think i can have kids because they will never be as cute as jude.

    ReplyDelete