Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Love is... Welcome January

This is a total downer post, just warning you. Last week Jude got the flu and it was a top 5 saddest moment of my life.  That has now lead to me getting the flu which is not a top anything for me but still very annoying. I feel like all moms should get a free pass from being sick. It's already so unfair that our bodies take a hit but when your face starts to get all snotty and your energy depletes... well, that's just mean. You hear that universe? I think you are MEAN!

Anyway, if you find yourself suffering from the flu as I currently do, I recommend you do the following:

*Chicken noodle soup from The Porcupine Pub and grill (I know there are people out there who are going to just smirk at this. Yes. I have had CHICKEN noodle soup. I feel fine about it. Not great... but not sad either). Seriously though, this stuff has helped me before and I have complete faith that it will help me again. If you are not in Utah to partake... well, just count your blessings that you don't have to deal with the smog either.

*A good book. I recently started reading Harry Potter over again.
* A detox bath. Pinterest has a ton of different variations of a detox bath. I read a few a condensed them to this version:
~2 cups epsom salts (draws toxins out of the body, relieves aches and pains)
~2 cups baking soda (neutralizes an acidic system?)
~Ground ginger (increases circulation)
~ a few drops of your FAVE essential oil ( I used my lavender because a. its for relaxation and b. it's all I had)

*Be okay with the TV. I'll tell you what, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has SAVED my life as of late. 
*Finally... Drugs. The over the counter kind, not the back alley kind. Use and ABUSE those bad boys. Only a tablespoon of NyQuil you say? I say nay nay. Ever since the influenza of 2013 hit I've been on every drug Harmons has to offer AND I stocked up on Diet Coke. I've made peace with my maker about that so... it's all good.

Good luck to all you flu-ers out there and if you are lucky enough to not have death knock at your door... well, we don't want you around anyway. 

1 comment:

  1. KAT!!! i didn't know you were sick :( i'm sorry lady. enjoy your nyquil and get feeling better. i freaking hate the flu and i haven't even had it. it has just made my job a living hell...i just wrote about it for my blog. blah. love you tonzzzz, lets plan something when you get better.

    ReplyDelete