Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Love is... Montana is for lovers

A while ago I bought this beauty of a print for Whitney and James from one of my Etsy faves...
Purchase it here or look at her other stuff


Anyway, it perfectly sums up how we feel ALL of the time. Bigfork, Montana has become such an escape for us. We are IN LOVE! I recently ordered myself a bumper sticker that says "get lost" and it's a picture of the great state Montana. It fits us perfectly because our Montana theme song is "Let's Get Lost" by Bat for Lashes and Beck.

This years vacation came at the perfect time and I was itching to see Whitnasty and James asap. A year is too long. They are still in Peru building the temple in Trujillo and even though I am excited for them, I wish they were not so far away.

We started out our journey Tuesday night. We were heading to Rexburg, Idaho to get the first three hours out of the way. We stopped to stay the night with my college friend Emlen and her husband Conrad. They have a little boy who is a month older than Jude named Ronin. On the way there Jude got hooked up with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and some baby approved cheesy puffs.


 This little gentleman here is Ronin. He just melted my heart at every turn. 

Road trippin' necessities. 

The first thing we did was head to the Nelson Lakehouse. Jude got a special Finding Nemo life jacket just for the occasion.

As per tradition, we went to the ward 4th of July breakfast. They always shoot off a Civil War cannon and Jude has never really been a fan hence... the mad dad cudldle.



4th of July evening consists of the Nelson lakehouse for fireworks over the lake. It also consists of lakeside kisses and photo ops. 





Jude plugged his ears for the fireworks... but he still really enjoyed it. He cuddled with a puppy that someone brought as well, just to be safe. 


 This is my Brookies cinnamon roll. It is a Bigfork must. 


We also try to make time for the Mackenzie River Pizza place in Kalispell. 


We went for a boat ride on the river and we saw a Bald Eagle. A BALD EAGLE! It was my first and I was amazed. Jude kept saying tweet tweet. It was fun.





The next morning we went to Echo Lake Cafe. It is SOOOOO good. I always get the Veggie Eggs Benedict and eat it ALL. 







All in all we had a FANTASTIC time and are counting down the 360 days until our return. 


1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to join someday!! your friend's little boy looks exactly like jude!! this really looks like a dream of a vaca.

    ReplyDelete