Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Love is... A Westwood birthday and a recipe

For the past three years we have had the blessed opportunity to go to the Westwood cabin for Ike's birthday. It is so much amazing fun, I cannot even begin to describe it. We always see the cutest animals and relax with books and eat the most delicious treats. Tinfoil dinners and s'mores are the recipes of summer.

Tyler and Isaac brought up their guns and went target shooting. They brought us back and attempted to teach us. Emma did great. 


Emma always plans the best little getaways. I am so lucky to have her as a friend.


Also on the home front, if you know me at all you know that I am OBSESSED with smells. I think I have spent hundreds on Glade plugins and candles to make my home smell good (and don't get me started on my collection of perfumes and body sprays). My poor, poor husband. Anyway, I found this recipe on Pinterest for DIY home scents. They were a breeze to make and your whole house smells divine. 

I started out with two basic scents that followed the recipe but came up with my own later on that I will list. You take basic mason jars. Totally empty, no extra treatment. Clean... obviously. 

 Slice your fruit (citrus works the best). 

Put the fruit in first and then add the spices. Fill your jar with water halfway to the top. You want to leave room at the top for the water to expand in the freezer.

 Put them in your freezer for a later date OR put them in a small pot and simmer for hours of sensory bliss. 

Recipes to try:
Lemon, rosemary, vanilla (pictured) (don't add vanilla until you're ready to boil)
Orange, cinnamon stick, cloves (pictured)
Evergreen
Lavender and vanilla (extract or bean)
Lime and Basil
Eucalyptus and mint
Orange and ginger

Here's the link for more exploring and better ideas 


1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! My house is going to smell fab because of you.

    ReplyDelete