Monday, December 16, 2013

Love is... FINALLY

So... Tyler is taking his last final on Tuesday and then he. is. DONE! Graduated. Outta there. Kaput. Home for the holidays and all the other days too. I cannot.. there are just no words. To say that I am excited is an understatement. This could be my only Christmas present and that would be just grand because it is the BEST CHRISTMAS EVERRRRR! (But you know... If you've already purchased things...).
I will admit, at first I was thinking big... big deal =big party. Tyler made it very clear in a very blatant way... NO PARTY! So, being the good wifey I am, I did not throw a party. I threw a dinner. We invited his family and it was just perfect. Everyone came with smiles on, favorite holiday treat in hand. We had delish food and good conversation and no one mentioned how cramped it was in our little townhome. I was so grateful they came to support him and I forgot to toast him so I will toast him now:
Tyler, I just want everyone to know how freaking proud I am of you.
You have worked so hard since day one, going to school and working
full time. You deserve a million oreos for all you do. Congrats!
*now everyone take a drink*
Sweet. Thanks for participating and making that toast possible. As far as photos go, I decided to combine my "show off Christmas" post with my dinner post. It just made sense.






Let us take a moment to talk about these two pictures. On the right, we have the stockings that my sweet, talented mom sewed for us. On the left we have my dads vintage, leather hockey skates. I mean, how awesome... right??




 Look at this goodness. We had rolls, an herb risotto, parmesean peas, roasted brussel sprouts w/a garlic aioli (get the recipe here, you NEED it) and Kris' pork chops. SOOOOOO good.




3 comments:

  1. Kat: Your home is festive and beautiful for the Holidays. Dinner was outstanding. Your are very talented. Thanks for having the family over to celebrate Tyler - he deserves to be celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are so many things I want to say about this. 1) i totally took a drink after reading your toast. best toast ever. 2) how flippin adorable is your house? can you PLEASE come put up christmas at my house? it's having a really hard time this year. 3) the dinner table is BEAUTIFULLLLLLL!!!! and i would not have expected anything less from you. you have mad talent gf.

    ReplyDelete