Saturday, March 27, 2010

Love is... colors!




Today we went to the Holi festival of colors at the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish fork. We went with a bunch of friends and we had a pretty sweet time! Everyone was so funny and we were all laughing the whole time. PLUS! It was pretty free spirited so I was allowed to let my inner hippie loose.


*** On a side note, I got on facebook and someone (who I will not name) posted this comment...
"what a joke logging in today and having my news feed flooded with people posting pictures of them at a festival that they don't understand. Say a prayer against Jesus and throw stuff at each other!

While his "point of view" is charming and I give him props for being different? - The Holi festival is about welcoming in spring time. The demon that is burned is a female demon that captured a loyal follower of Vishnu, and because of his faith in Vishnu, he escaped unscathed and the demon is burned.
The colors represent spring, and used to be different forms of herbs and medicines that would help people overcome their sicknesses from winter. Pretty cool, I think.

Long story short, I think the little buddy was just bitter that no one invited him to go in their group :)

No comments:

Post a Comment