Friday, March 19, 2010

Love is...absence makes the heart grow fonder

Oh how true... how true that is. A year ago, around this time of year, I took a trip with some friends to Hawaii. Actually, rewind. Before I talk a bit about the trip, let me give you the low down on mine and Ty's relationship. It was that awkward period where, you know you like them, they know they like you... but you're both too cool to have a DTR so you just continue to act like friends... with some benefits. I knew I liked Ty a lot. At that point in time he was my best friend but I didn't know if I was ready for any type of commitment. I'm so indecisive that, short from a sign from the Lord, I pretty much like to let others do the decision making.
Anyway! I went on this trip and had such a blast! I went with my dear friend Liz and even on our first night there... we had many an adventure. We went to visit her sister Stephanie, who was at BYU Hawaii for the semester and we just loved it! The whole time I was there though... I missed Tyler... a lot. I phoned him every day, and we'd text message until my phone would run out of batteries. It was on that trip that I realized that I was going to spend the rest of my life with this person. It was such a peaceful feeling and even though I love everything about Hawaii... I could not wait to get home. Luckily, I had to leave a few days earlier because I had school to return to. After my red eye flight, I got off the plane and Tyler was there to greet me. It was such a great feeling to come home to the person you love and know for sure, that you would be together no matter what. CUTE RIGHT!!! I think so... anyway, here are some pictures of Hawaii! All are my photos except the temple.

this is an acai bowl... delicious.



1 comment:

  1. These pictures make me miss Hawaii... We went last October to visit my husband's friend at BYU. It was by far, the BEST vacation I have ever been on!!

    ReplyDelete