Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Love is... roasting by an open fire

Mmmmm, roasting by an open fire, cuddling with the person you are so madly in love with... OH WAIT! Hahaha, what was I thinking. That is definitely not me. This forecasted blizzard has brought me nothing but grief and pain and I didn't even get a snow day. It is 5 o'clock and my husband still isn't home. I had to work all day even though my doctor wasn't in. I had to check the news every 15 minutes because the snow warning as put my nerves on edge for the drive home. Also, I had a cold over the weekend and one of the doctors wrote me a script for an antibiotic today. Forgetting that everyone in Utah was not mormon (excuse me, LDS) and did not have a 72 hour kit, I went to Smiths to fill my prescription. Well much to my chagrin the parking lot was packed and the only spot that became available was supposed to go to me but my conscience took over and I gave my spot to a lady and her car full of children. On my way out of the parking lot, with no antibiotic, I noticed carts full of canned goods, blankets, matches, flashlights, and 5 gallon water jugs. Really? I guessed I missed the news cast that the world was ending. So thank you to the paranoid Utahans out there who had to go to Smiths right then and there. I will probably get pneumonia and die in the next 24 hours because I cannot take the antibiotics I do desperately need, but hey, at least you have enough water in case someone in your family gets extra thirsty.
Moral of the story: Even if you are not LDS, listen to the prophet and get your 72-hour kit.

2 comments:

  1. just like morbid curiosity, everyone likes a good hype about inevitable drama. Think about those flu shots last year. People LINED UP AROUND THE BLOCK for HOURS!?!? The media shouted "IMPENDING DOOM! IMPENDING DOOM!" and we all reacted like little lemurs (... myself included, for Asher's sake...) I think people generally want a little hysteria every now and then, just to keep things interesting... sorry you bore the brunt of the "storm"...
    p.s. I hope you don't die. Fight the good fight, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH ha haha ZING!I love you more than words could ever say!

    ReplyDelete