Thursday, November 24, 2011

Love is... thanks very much

Sometimes I am not very good at expressing how grateful I am for the things that I have. I should do this more often. I know it's Thanksgiving and I hate being cliche... but at the same time, I shouldn't pass the chance to express my gratitude for some of the key things in my life.

First, my sweet husband. Guys, he's perfect for me. You may not believe in soul mates, but he makes me believe. I am grateful for his talent and his hard working personality. I'm grateful for his job and that he excels at his job. I am grateful for the time and effort he is willing to put into school. Most of all, I am grateful for the strong testimony he has.

My little son! He is amazing. He teaches me something new every day. One of my favorite patients at work is a Patriarch and I had the opportunity to introduce Jude to him. He told me that Jude was a strong spirit.. and he really is.

My parents. They're great. If they weren't as patient as they are, I would have never come out of my middle school years alive.

My brother. Besides the fact that basically everything that comes out of his mouth is outrageously funny, he also happens to be intelligent and wise.

My in-laws. All those rumors about your in-laws being crazy are NOT true... in my case anyway. Mike and Kris provide Tyler and I with so much. They are always there to listen and give help and advice. They are extremely generous and just amazing people. My brothers and sisters in law are awesome too and are so willing to lend advice and time and talents to help Tyler and me. I pretty much texted Cari everyday asking for pregnancy advice.

My grandparents. Every single one of them has helped me in one way or another throughout my life. I am ever so blessed to have had them live for a large portion of my life, lending advice and caring like they have.

I have AWESOME AMAZING BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL TALENTED SPIRITUAL FRIENDS! Jeff
Whitney and James - I mean, what kids their age are assigned to build a temple?!
Emlen - she checked up on me and Jude all the time.
Emma and Isaac Westwood
Kalie and Spencer Demann
Amelia, my dear work friend
Natalie, basically my sister throughout high school and college
EVERYONE IS AMAZING. I could talk about all of these people forever.

My cousin Jenny. Holy cow, she saved our lives with her amazing baby schedule. She has always been so willing to lend me advice and I would be crazy to ignore anything someone this talented says.

My job. Guys, I just love my job. My boss is amazing. He has definitely taught me so many things, not only about medicine but also about being a good person.

Our home

Our freedom

Our opportunity to learn and grow

books

music - and the immortal genius of Dave Matthews

College sports

The church. Where would I be without the Lord? I would have none of the above, that is for sure. I love the gospel with all my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Awww thanks for the shout out! And I'm thankful for you! Can't wait to see you... this summer?

    ReplyDelete