Monday, February 27, 2012

Love is... the red carpet

Before I begin, let me just wish my sexy, handsome, patient, athletic, talented, hard working, spiritual, patient, loving, quirky husband a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! He is the big 25!
Anyway, yes. It is true. I have yet, another academy awards post. Can I just tell you all that I LOVE them? I mean, I really love them. There is nothing better. Okay, that's not entirely true... but they are pretty awesome. Next year cute Kalie and I are hosting an Oscar party and you are all cordially invited. Anyway, are you ready for my best/worst dress recap?? Good. Me too.
Starting off with the worst dressed, my dear Maya Rudolph... really? I feel like she is wearing a purple sweater dress with random blinged out sleeves.
Melissa McCarthy. You are cute. Darling really. And freakin' hilarious. Even though she is a little bit more round in the middle, I feel like this dress didn't flatter her at all! Maybe it's the color...
Best Dressed

Seriously, let's talk about all the amazing ladies from "The Help". They STOLE the show. I felt like they were all brilliantly dressed.
Props to Viola Davis for going natural with her hair!
Octavia Spencer... one of my faves
Jessica Chastain - I LOVE it
Emma Stone - who, by the way, I believe stole the show. Her cute little monologue about how excited she was... too adorable. At first I wasn't a fan, but then my brother-in-law Jamo pointed out how lovely of a color she was wearing... and then it was just true love from then on.
I just LOVE me some Gweneth Paltrow. Her jewelry = AMAZING!
Micelle Williams, what a doll!
Penelope Cruz. Elegant as always.

Thanks for bearing with me through, yet another Oscar post. I hope you will all play along with me next year as I make my guesses. Hopefully I remember to post my list of predictions the night before. This year I got 8 right... not too good. I'll be getting my movie on this coming year and be better prepared.

*Please note that all these beautiful images are shamelessly stolen from people.com

No comments:

Post a Comment