Thursday, November 22, 2012

Love is... Give a little Thanks

I have a lot to be thankful for in this life of mine and since it is the day of "thanks" giving, I thought I would give some shout outs. Pull up a chair, because this is going to be a long one.

I am superbly grateful for my cozy little home. It's little, but it's ours. It's a little cookie cutter, but it's safe.
I am so grateful for music. That's kind of silly, but I value it so much. I can name songs for every moment and feeling in my life. I joke all the time that Dave speaks to me soul, but he really does. When a good song is playing and moment is just right, you can feel something in the universe.
In a more broad way, I am grateful for all of my senses. The classic "would you rather be blind or deaf" question is hard for me to answer. I value both and all my senses. I feel so much sorrow for people who don't have the basic every day abilities that I do.
I am so grateful for my ability to choose. Choices are what make us unique. The concept of being an individual to me is amazing and I am so grateful for the ability to make choices that shape who I am. I am grateful for the ability to chose who I married. Not everyone has that option, which is wrong. I value that choice more than I think most people will ever know or understand.
I am so grateful for my Cougar. He is my best pal and seriously, like a child to me. We cuddle all the time.



I am grateful for families. Tylers family has adopted me as their own, especially his parents and I love that I have a safe haven to turn to if all else fails. Tylers mom has become one of my besties and not everyone gets that with in-laws, so I am really grateful for her. My family is really fun and my mom is such a good grandma to Jude. She teaches him so much in our visits and she's a great sounding board for me. Our dads are both hard workers and SOOOOO intelligent it's baffling. 



 I value, so much, my dear friends. I just recently went through a bummer time and so many people were there with advice and sympathy to bring me out of my rut. You know who you are and I love you! Natalie has been one of my most long standing friends and she is dear to my heart. We have such a unique relationship and have been through so much together. Whitney is amazing. She is with her husband in Peru building a temple for heaven sakes! It sounds romantic, but it's hard! She left everything she knows. What a gal! We love James too. Sincerely, they have accepted us as their own. My cousin Jenny is also someone I count as a close friend. I'll tell you what, she has the best advice for just about everything and has saved me from myself multiple times. I can e-mail her any question and at any time and she always responds with a plan or a step program to help me out. Tyler has some amazing friends too. They all came to Judes birthday, and what group of 25 year olds really want to spend a Friday night at a one year olds birthday party, but they came and it was SO fun. He has a really great group of friends and I think they are swell.

I am so very grateful for the job I had for the past two+ years. I learned a lot about myself and other people. I also gained an incredible knowledge of all things ENT and a limited but still valuable knowledge of the medical field. Dr T is one of my most favorite people and he taught me a majority of those lessons. ( This pic is not Dr. T but it was taken at work). 


I am sp happy, lucky, and grateful that we took a trip to England. It was a lifelong dream that I fulfilled at such a young age. The experience was incredible and I wouldn't trade it for anything. This is a picture of Tyler on his mission with the Walkers. I LOVE the Walkers. Like... hardcore love. 

My little son is one of my greatest blessings. Even though he came to us relatively easy, we were given the impression that he was years away from being ours. That was such a blow to me and I still consider him my miracle child. He teaches me things every day and we have so much fun every day.

Finally, Tyler is such a guy. He works SO hard. He's at work from 7-5 and then school from 6-9. I usually don't  see him until 10pm but when he does get home he's helping me with the dishes or taking out the trash. He takes some time with me before starting his homework and always peaks on our son before going to bed. He is so fun and faithful and just kind of perfect for me. He balances out my crazy, impulsive side with his calm, planning self. Plus, he bought me a home and furniture and clothes and trips to England and Canada. What a sugar daddy! Not but seriously, I love him dearly. 


I hope everyone has a delicious Thanksgiving and even though you're almost all eating a turkey, I still love you .

1 comment:

  1. I feel so famous when I get a shout out!

    Another fun to read post, and Jude is actually the cutest, and let's be honest, I don't think that many kids are cute...

    Side note, I'm always thinking of coming to Utah, I want to come this summer and I'm hoping to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete