Monday, February 25, 2013

Love is... the Red Carpet

We interrupt this blog to bring you... THE OSCARS!! Did you all tune in? I have an addiction to the Academy Awards. It is kind of unhealthy but not something I am willing to part with. I love the glamor, the gowns, the awards, the prestige. All of it. My darling friend Emma and I threw a party and just like the show, it did not disappoint. I'll blog more about that later, but I wanted to write one of my favorite posts while it was still fresh in my mind. GOWN REVIEW! I asked my friend Natalie to give me some of her thoughts as well. Like a guest blogger if you will.

Amy Adams
I love this. She is wearing my tied for second favorite gown of the night. 


Jennifer Lawrence. 
Natalie says dislike. I say middle ground. I love the shape.  I don't like the color. 

Jessica Chastain
I love this and I swear to you, no one else could look so good wearing a gown the same color as their hair. Well done Jessica.

Kerry Washington.
I ADORE this. Whatever pinky, reddish, coral color this is, I must have it. Second best in my opinion.

Naomi Watts
What a doll. Natalie and I love the cutout. I haven't ever seen something like this and it was a welcome surprise.

Sandra Bullock
Best dressed in my opinion, and she's on the top of Natalie's list as well. She ROCKED it. 

Amanda Seyfried
Natalie loves this. I like the fabric. You can't tell in the photo but her skin/any fat she has is spilling over the back of her dress. I saw her from behind while she was giving an interview and it looked like she was trying to fly away. 

 Zoe Saldana
Let me preface by saying that I think she is such a  beautiful woman. Now let me say, she ALWAYS chooses gowns with so much going on. She has multiple colors, beaded/jeweled lace flowers, a belt, a bow, and tiered fabric. There's way too much going on here. The more I type about it, the more I hate it. 

We also didn't like Kristen Stewarts 80's mess and the bland Reese Witherspoon. However, all in all I really feel like no one was horrible. I felt like this year was mostly a mediocre year for gowns with a few stand outs. For more looks and pictures go to people.com

*pictures stolen from people.com and justjared.com

Natalies complete list:
Likes
Naomi Watts
Stacy Kiebler
Sandra Bullock
Catherine Zeta Jones
Nicole Kidman
Salma Hayek
Amanda Seyfried
Halle Berry

Dislikes
Jennifer Lawrence
Reese Witherspoon
Anne Hathaway
Jennifer Garner
Charlize Theron
Renee Zellweger

1 comment:

  1. i'm sad our party planning didn't allow us to watch the red carpet. my favs: Jessica Chastain, Amanda Seyfried {i want to be her...minus her back fat lol}, Sandra Bullock, and Amy Adams.

    ReplyDelete