Saturday, August 24, 2013

Love is... a goal, a bother, and a musical day (but not in that order)

Have you ever had someone say something to you and at the time you are so shocked or taken back that you just can't think of an appropriate response? Here's the thing,when this happens to me I am either too timid to be snarky back or I am just so surprised that someone actually said that so I just don't say anything back BUT you can bet your bottom dollar that I think about it.  Here's an primo example of something that I can't just grow up and get over.

"Kat, you should probably think about going back to school because you will really regret your life if you don't".

WHOA! Hold it right there chief.

Seriously though, that really hurt my feelings. Regardless of my education status, I don't feel like I am failure as a human being. I know a lot of educated and uneducated men and women, many of whom have impacted my life. I may not have a piece of paper congratulating me on the many hours I spent sitting in a chair, listening to information that I maybe will, maybe will not use in my future. Do I miss school? Absolutely. Do I think I will go back? Sure. But that is sooo personal and is frankly no ones business but mine and Tylers.

People like this make me so angry. The people that go around giving their opinion on your life as if it's the end all be all. BLOW ME.... is that appropriate for a family blog? Meh, hard to say.

Moral of this story is that I should probably let things like this go. It's a huge flaw of mine... I have a hard time letting go.


Hanywaaaysss.
We went to an outdoor concert at Deer Valley a few weeks ago. I just loved it. Lot's of people were drinking wine and eating brie and I was so jealous. Mostly of the brie... a little bit of the wine. My inner green monster still posed for some sweet pics, including the awesome feet shot.






Last, but certainly NOT least, Tyler has been playing for the Qualtrics soccer team. They play against other businesses and let's just say... these grown men (and women) get a little cray cray. I saw a grand total of three red cards in one week. Expletives, parking lot fights... the whole she-bang. So obviously I loved it. They made it to the finals and WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER they took home the big trophy. I am so proud of my main squeeze for scoring many goals this season and taking the world by storm! Seriously though, he's got a lot of talents and it is really fun to cheer for your husband. 



No comments:

Post a Comment