Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Love is... MUSE - SILVERSUN PICKUPS


Words cannot describe the glorious beauty that was the concert.
Silversun pickups-
If I was not married to the most incredible man on earth... I would want to be married to Brian Aubert. I have loved this band ***CLICHE ALERT*** since before they were nominated for best new artist. They amaze me. I love their style. I cannot believe I got to see them live.



Muse-
As Stephanie Meyer once wrote, "they are the Gods of music". Besides being incredibly talented music wise, they know how to put on an amazing show, and they are English and who doesn't love the English?

Our concert consisted of the following-
arriving at the show, and getting into the line that no one was in. I felt like it was too good to be true and the lady at the door informed us that this was GA floor only. "Oh" I said. "That's not us. Ty, let's get into this line." Lady at the door "No. This is right... you're on the floor."
Talk about a shock. I had no idea that I bought floor tickets. I tend to avoid the floors at rock concerts because I am smaller than most and this usually equates to being trampled over. Plus! I wore sandals. Luckily... I have a husband, who works out, so I felt more at ease.
We received our bright pink wrist bands and made our way to the floor.
For some reason, no one was sitting next to the fences on the left hand side, so we got up close to about 15' away from the stage. I seriously couldn't believe how lucky we were getting.
Ty's 2 friends were also attending the concert, so we told them to come join us when they got here.
Silversun started and I about died. They amaze me. Truly.
A pregnant lady by us has to sit on the floor and everyone was fanning her. Basically she almost went into labor because of the beauty that is the Silversun Pickups.
Ty's friends found us towards the end of Silversun and all was well... for a while.
When Muse started I was pretty sure I was going to lose my life. Ty made the executive decision to stand behind me (which I appreciated).
On their second or third song, some kid decided he wanted to get closer and started elbowing people out of his way. He elbowed a lady standing next to us and her husband was like BAM! laid down the law! Put his fist in the kids face and everything. He told the kid to get in the back, and the kid followed instructions. It was intense.
Following that, a bunch of stupid kids were getting really rowdy right in front of me. One of Ty's friends offered to stand in front of me and I ended up being the the middle of a safety triangle. They all pretty much saved my life, and my toes.


Long story short, it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment