Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Love is... a vacation






Finally, Ty and I got to go on a vacation. We sure needed one, real life is rough! We went to St. George with Tyler's close friend Jason and his fiance Jessica. Tyler and I had a blast. We pretty much just got to chill out and answer to no one and not worry about bills, cleaning, or laundry. Some highlights of our road trip include (but are not limited to) the following:

Eating at the Rainforest Cafe in the MGM
Seeing the lions at the MGM
Getting called a ginger (Kat) by a black man on the strip... I almost cried
Gambling (Ty) and getting asked for ID (Kat) more than once
Shopping!
Getting attacked by a bat (Kat)
Going for a hike with Jason and Jess at the Petrified Dunes
Mother Hen (Ty) not letting me (Kat) free climb anything higher than 5'
Golfing at Entrada (Ty)
Laying out with Jess and catching too many rays (Kat)
Trying to find a place to eat because prom in St. G made everything take an hour
HAVING THE ORANGE PEEL EVERY DAY... but Sunday
Only using 1/2 a tank to get home from St.G

Now that we are back to real life, madness is picking up right where we left off. It snowed yesterday which was an awesome welcome home gift from Mother Nature. I also started my raw foods diet yesterday... so far it sucks and I really don't know why I wanted to do it. BUT! Never let it be said that Kathryn Rae Chymboryk Morrow is a quitter. Yesterday my menu consisted of

A raw granola bar
Spinich salad with vanilla balsamic vinaigrette dressing
5 raw cookies
2 pickles
I made the cookies up and so far they have saved my life. All I did was mix coconut, banana, oats, flax seed, raisins, and agave sweetener.
So far this diet has been expensive and time consuming. You need a blender and a dehydrator if you wish to make this a long term relationship. Right now, I am just making due with the blender.

*** Just to clarify, I am not on this diet to lose weight. I just read about the health benefits and wanted to try it for a month***





Song I am listening to right now
Closer to Love - Mat Kearney

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, mother hen. it must be a morrow gene. Jamo gets nervous when he sees me getting the ladder out for any occasion and has me call him BEFORE and AFTER I go check on an item through the classified ads. I guess it means they really like us, eh?

    ReplyDelete