Saturday, May 29, 2010

Love is... our 1 year!!

anniversary of being engaged. Insanity. It feels like only yesterday that my friend Whitney was trying to keep me away from Ty so he could make his plans come to fruition. What a good man this kid is. He put a lot of thought and effort into his proposal and I felt really special that day. Here is how Mr. Morrow made me his future Mrs.

*I woke up and Ty was there bright and early to make me breakfast before my last clinical. He gave me a CD to listen to on the way with all of our special songs.
*I finished my clinical and came out to my car to find it cleaned and decorated with roses.
*I came home to find a trail of rose petals from the basement door to my room, where he had bought me my favorite dress from Anthropologie.
*I put on said dress and got ready for our date.
*Ty picked me up and took me to get some Spoon Me, where he had 2 dozen beautiful roses waiting for me at the front desk.
*We dropped my roses off at my mom and dads and continued on our date.
*We walked around Temple Square, where I was a little wary because I have never particularly wanted to be proposed to at Temple Square.
*Instead! We got into a carriage and we on a ride up to Memory Grove and went for a little walk.
*We come to a little rock table where Ty had set up roses of my favorite color, and set out my great grandmas handkerchief and the ring.
*Ty proposed
*I said YES!
*Our parents popped out of the trees and surprised me
*We finished our carriage ride and ended up at Cucina Toscana
*Our parents surprised me AGAIN at the restaurant.
*We had the most AMAZING dinner and then the owner brought out a special made cake for us.
*Tyler drove me home, and gave me letters written to me from both our parents about our being engaged.

Seriously, I know I am biased, but have you EVER heard of a better proposal than that? Probably not.
So now we are here, a year later, still acting like the little love birds we were then. Right now he's making me breakfast. :)


4 comments:

  1. YAY! I remember Ty telling me his plan, and I was thinking"how the H is he going to pull that ALLLLLLLLL off?!"! AND he DID IT! ALLL of it! A great story for the posterity! LOVE YOU LOVE BIRDS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney played a huge role in this.. For real

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whit plays a huge role in EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete