Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Love is... lovely

I cannot wait until Dave Matthews
I cannot wait for Eclipse
I cannot wait for my skinny jeans to come in the mail
I cannot wait for Ty to come home from work
I cannot wait to go to Provo
I cannot wait to go back to Canada
Life is lovely :)

This quote is good

“What matters is that you do good work. What matters is that you produce things that are true and will stand. What matters is that the Flaming Lips’s new album is ravishing and I’ve listened to it a thousand times already, sometimes for days on end, and it enriches me and makes me want to save people. What matters is that it will stand forever, long after any narrow-hearted curmudgeons have forgotten their appearance on goddamn 90210. What matters is not the perception, nor the fashion, not who’s up and who’s down, but what someone has done and if they meant it. What matters is that you want to see and make and do, on as grand a scale as you want, regardless of what the tiny voices of tiny people say. Do not be critics, you people, I beg you. I was a critic and I wish I could take it all back because it came from a smelly and ignorant place in me, and spoke with a voice that was all rage and envy. Do not dismiss a book until you have written one, and do not dismiss a movie until you have made one, and do not dismiss a person until you have met them. It is a ——load of work to be open-minded and generous and understanding and forgiving and accepting, but Christ, that is what matters. What matters is saying yes.
-Dave Eggers on "selling out and saying yes"

We should all loosen up and yes more.

Dave Matthews - Grace is Gone
Mat Kearney - Closer to Love
Miranda Lambert - The House that Built Me

3 comments:

  1. I too am excited for Dave! I am jealous of your tickets, of course you guys have missed or had to wait on concerts more than anyone I know so they are deserved, and I can't complain...the GA in the back were free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what Ty said. That will be great, I think he even said your's are better seats, in the pit, than what you had before...The pit for Dave would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete