Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Love is... what in the world just happened last night

Have you ever had a day, that when it ended, you just kept saying to yourself "I can't believe that just happened" "I CANNOT believe that just happened". That was my day yesterday. I woke up at a decent time Monday morning, ready to conquer the day. I made a list (yes mom, a list) of the things I wanted to get done today. I needed groceries, I wanted to go to the library with Ty, I needed to find a cable to connect a video camera to my sister-in-laws computer so she could edit my wedding video, and then I was going to settle down at my parents house with a snow cone and watch the Bachelorette. So, after I went on a jog with my puppy and hit up the tanning salon I headed over to Robert's. I knew I smelled bad, but it was okay because everyone stinks sometimes and I was going to shower later anyway :) Well in the middle of planning all of my scrapbooking endeavors, my phones rings. It is Susan from work. Apparently I work an 8hr shift and I am 30 minutes late. Nice. I told her that there must have been some miscommunication, I have the schedule and my name is most definitely not on it. Susan told be the updated schedule most definitely did say my name. Great. So I paid for my stuff and hurried home to change. Everyone was really nice about it and I didn't get in trouble.
Once I was at work, I had to cycle in all of these new meds because another patient is dying. It is pretty sad. I really like this lady. We used to visit all the time.
8 o'clock rolls around and I am passing meds on the bottom floor. I walk by the nurses station and see my boss looking upset, talking to someone on the phone. I look in the lobby and there is a lady on a stretcher that I have never seen before in my life. Come to find out, the hospital sent us this trauma patient because her family had said this is where she was going to be moving to. Problem was, we didn't have any records on here... we didn't even have a bed for her. After about 1/2 an hour of debate, the hospital finally took her back. How random, right? I didn't know ambulances just dropped people off like that. Oh, and by the way...her husband is abusive, a violent schizophrenic to be perfectly clear, and he just might come over because this is where he thinks she is. My boss left us with that warning, and then it was back to business.
It's 9:30 and Emily comes running over from the other side. "He's here. He's trying to kick in the door". Seriously? Do these things really happen in real life? So Emily calls our boss, and I call Tyler. I ask him to come over, and truthfully I don't think he took me seriously at first. So, no Tyler. Emily is on the phone with the cops now and I am phoning my dad. I don't really know why, but it made me feel better. He came over to the main door, and started pounding on it, yelling for us to let him in. I thought about going out, but then decided no thanks. He was pretty upset that we just stood there, looking at him. He just kept banging on the door, screaming at us. Like an idiot, I just stood there and watched him. He finally left and then the cops came. They took my statement, talked to my bosses, and got some information about the family. Ty came to work and sat with us for the last 15 minutes after the cops left. I let night shift know not to open any doors. And then I went home.
I really can't believe that just happened to me.

1 comment:

  1. wow. that's crazy. It makes you grateful for a police force, eh?

    ReplyDelete