Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Love is... the mother land

Ty and I went to Canada this past month, and I miss it SO much. We only stayed for 2 days but my mom and I are going back at the end of July - HOORAY! I cannot wait to spend more time there.
We went up for my cousins wedding and on our way there we pretty much hit every problem you could possibly think of. It was raining the entire time. The worst part was in Butte and we were leaving and heading up into the mountain pass there. Right when we rounded a corner (going 85) we hit some water and hydroplaned for about 1/2 a mile. It was so scary, but Ty was driving and did everything perfectly so we lived. The highway was flooded pretty bad in that canyon and there was one pretty bad accident.
It felt so good to finally be in Canada. That drive seems like forever.
My cousins wedding was perfect! She did everything so cute and her and Garth love each other very much. It was nice to have that as a focal point for the trip because a lot of tough stuff happened. Sometimes I just need to remind myself that this life is temporary. It is really interesting how different people handle different emotions. Sometimes I freak out over really dumb stuff, but then when all these big things happen, I couldn't shed a tear even if I wanted too. I am really grateful for Tyler. He has been a big help, especially this past weekend. It really was a difficult trip.
Anyway! Here are some pictures from the 2nd largest landmass, the 1st nation of hockey and the best part of North America.


The wildlife answers to NO ONE! These little darlings were ramming into cars earlier that day







This bridge is the tallest, longest of its kind... Right Tyler?

I dunno what happened in this picture, but I thought it was silly


For some reason it was really important to Tyler that we take pictures with creeper eyes


Isn't she lovely?!?!?!

Prom pose

6 comments:

  1. oh man, I LOVE that shot of the mountains and lake with the coastline going diagonal across it- excellent composition... can I get a copy of that? Perhaps when you drop off the weddin' footage- when works for you this week?
    Canada's so dang pretty- I'd like to see all of it. Never been to Alberta, but it's on my list of places to see before I die.
    And is hat hair in these days? Either Tyler's getting super stylish, or it's time to give that mop a trim, says I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only been to Canada once and still think the one area I saw (BC) was prettier than any part of the U.S. I have been, and that includes the beaches of my mission and the east coast. Glad you get to go back soon.
    (Make that hubby of yours think of a permanent vacation when school is out :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah... bite your tongue. Tylers hair happens to be a staple of the best era in the history of the world, not to mention it was dawned by the worlds greatest band during the entirety of their music careers together. I will definitely include the picture and drop all of this off at your house say... Wednesday?
    Gordo... why thank you. I happen to think Canada is great and Waterton boarders BC so maybe that's why its so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just went down a notch Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh em gee. I want to go to Canada. Please take me there someday. (don't worry. just creeping your blog and commenting on everything.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. KALIE!!!! I am just LOVING reading all your comments. We really are the same person! And seriously!!! Lets all go to Canada this summer okay?!

    ReplyDelete